The Institute for Asia and Asian Diasporas (IAAD) was founded in May 2006 with the support of the Binghamton University Division of Research. Its mission is to serve as a catalyst for the study of all parts of Asia (including western, central, southern, southeastern and eastern Asia). Its activities in support of that mission focus on Asia-related research, collaborations and partnerships in support of scholarship and education, and cultural outreach.
The IAAD scholarship was created in support of this mission.
- Undergraduate student participating in a SUNY Education Abroad program in Asia
- Preference will be given to students participating in Binghamton programs
- Preference will also be given to programs with a language component
- Preference will also be given to students with demonstrated financial need
- Foreign language proficiency desired but not required
Students must complete a study abroad program application before funds will be distributed. Students participating in a non-Binghamton program should complete a "Study Abroad -Other SUNY Program" application.
up to $1,500 for summer study
up to $3,000 for fall study
*Note for federal and/or state financial aid recipients, including Excelsior scholarships
Please consult with the Financial Aid office to determine how receipt of additional scholarship funding may affect your package
One competition takes place each spring.
Multiple recipients may be selected per application cycle.