Skip to content

Department and SUNY Scholarships


Department Scholarships

Check with your academic department(s) to find out if they offer any scholarships for education abroad. 
Some department scholarships include:

Fleishman Center for Career and Professional Development

Are you interested in pursuing an unpaid education abroad summer internship but don't know how you can fund it? Check out the Student Affairs Internship Fund administered through the Fleishman Center! Undergraduates with a minimum GPA of 3.0 who are U.S. citizens and have a current FAFSA on on file may receive between $500 and $5000 dollars to help offset internship costs. Visit the Student Affairs Internship Fund webpage from more information on how to apply.

College of Community and Public Affairs (CCPA) Latin American Partnership Fund 

This fund has support available for graduate or undergraduate Binghamton University students of all academic majors interested in participating in a CCPA-based study abroad program Latin America such as the Peru Service-Learning program. Support is also available for CCPA students interested in any Binghamton University education abroad opportunity in Latin America. Applications are considered on a rolling basis. 

Download the application here

Weigand Scholarship

Students with a major or minor in Binghamton University's German program are encouraged to apply for this scholarship primarily awarded for participation in the Graz and Leipzig programs. Click here or visit the department of German and Russian Studies for more information. 

SUNY Scholarships

Diversity Abroad Honors Scholarship Program (DAHSP) 

Funding is made available via the SUNY Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, the Binghamton University Office of International Education and Global Initiatives, and the Binghamton University Office of Financial Aid.  Eligible students may apply for a scholarship for up to $2,000 for study abroad in winter or spring 2018. To be eligible, students must be a US Citizen and NY state resident, have an overall GPA of 2.8 or higher, attend Binghamton University and be participating on an approved winter or spring SUNY study abroad program. Recipients must agree to submit a summary of their experience after completion of their program, be willing to share information about their program after return, present in a conference (if requested), and provide SUNY ODEI with a facial photograph for promotional purposes. 

You may download the application here:
2017-2018 DAHSP Application.pdf and turn it in to Binghamton University IEGI (you will need to physically hand the forms in to our main office, Old Champlain 240).

SUNY-Chinese Government Scholarship (pending funding)

The SUNY-Chinese Government Scholarship Program, awarded annually in the spring, offers scholarships to qualified SUNY students. The duration of the scholarship is for one year and includes tuition overseas, on-campus accommodations, a monthly living allowance, basic medical insurance in China, and a travel subsidy. Scholarship recipients will be responsible for SUNY tuition, comprehensive SUNY health and emergency insurance as well as other personal expenses. The China Scholarship Council (CSC) under the Ministry of Education implement and manage the program in China. The Center for International Education and Global Strategy at the University of Albany is the designated organization to implement and manage the program for the State University of New York.

Click the link to view the application from the previous cycle: SUNY-Chinese Government Scholarship.pdf 

For more information regarding campus and national scholarships, please visit the tabs at the left.